USMLE Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USMLE Step 1,2,3 & Residency Match Prepration.

HomeUSMLE PortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Visa important FAQs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Visa important FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Visa important FAQs   Visa important FAQs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:53 pm

make 2 files .
Academic file & financial file

Academic file must contain
1. DS156, 157, Passport, Visa interview letter
2. Degree/icc/Clock Hours/or a letter from dean in case you dont have degree
3. CS scheduling permit & confirmation of the date & visa letter sent by ECFMG
4. Step scores & if one of the scores isn't there then a proof that you have taken step1/2
5. CV
6. Any proof showing that u'll be doing research/observership/clerkship
7. Carry a health insurance document .. it helps them get convinced that you are responsible
8. You should be completely aware about your travel plans. in case he/she asks you where will you stay you should confidently answer Friend/Hotel/Relative.. You should also be certain how you will reach your place.. this was important for me. since I had three places to visit.

9. Carry a NOC if you are doing any job or JRship
10. Carry an itinerary of the booked flight(it's free of cost)

If they ask have you purchased flight tickets say no since you want to play safe.

Usually they ask girls that wether they'll get married there & settled for that say I have such brilliant scores.. my carreeer is pretty imp. I don't plan to settle unless I'm a post graduate.

They also ask y do you want to go to US... Say I'm keenly interested in Research & US is a kind of a place where prospects for research are really good. First I'll go & see wether I can stay in that kind of a setting or not(this is an explanation for observership.. if you don have that .. sorry)

they might even ask what are you future plns say I want to do residency but Want to return to India.. Show them that you are financially strong & want to have your own set up after return.
Back to top Go down
http://usmle--step-1.blogspot.com/

Visa important FAQs
Page 1 of 1